Friday, June 16, 2006

I mentioned yesterday that I finally got my air conditioner replaced. The old A/C unit started forecasting its demise sometime last fall, and by spring this year it was only effective when it didn't get above 80 outside (either that or the building's insulation was effective below 80). By the beginning of June, I was keeping all of the shades drawn to block whatever heat I could.

My apartment manager said he was looking for a new A/C unit, but I think he was trying to find one to fill the old space so he wouldn't have to rip out the window - which he eventually had to do. And once he found a unit, he had to wait in line for the company people to do the work (he does small jobs but this was no small job). The company people have their priorities in the wrong order, but that's another story.

So today was the first hot day I came home to a working air conditioner in a room where the blinds are up, so I no longer have the feel of coming home to a hot cave, and let me tell you ...

it was everything I thought it would be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home