Thursday, June 15, 2006

So I've been busy over the last day helping reassemble the Rockytop Brigade after it (and knoxblogs) disappeared when the server went the way of the dodo.

I've been going to various (about 40) websites, trying to find contact info and location. It's been an experience. For one thing, it's amazing how many dead blogs are out there. At least half of the blogs I visit haven't been posted to in two months or more, but it's hard to call them "dead" when you look over their posts and see they hadn't posted more than once a month in the last year.

Also, it's amazing how difficult it is to get in contact with people. I understand not putting your email address out there for all the world to see if you have a blog that you post to only once a month (or gets a dozen hits a week or whatever), but a lot of these blogs also have their comments disabled. And one or two of the blogs are business related! On one blog, I couldn't figure out how to contact the guy, despite the fact that his blog was an advertisement for his business - which is web design.

I wonder why he's not getting a lot of customers.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not dead. Add me back to the list. It's a great thing you do and thanks so much for the hard work.

Debbie
Right Truth
http://www.righttruth.typepad.com
debbieh@tds.net
In West Tennessee

1:21 PM  
Blogger jon said...

Glad to see you're not dead!

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you try checking their whois info, Jon? That probably wouldn't help, but its an avenue.

5:44 AM  
Blogger jon said...

I tried. I'm down to only about 3 that I can't get in contact with, one because of errors with the comment field and the other two because comments are off. The ridiculous thing is that one of those is a computer-oriented blog.

1:10 PM  
Blogger yarnwright said...

Hi, Jon!
You visited MY RockyTop Brigade blog (http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us) yesterday, left me a comment to get in touch with you, and I DID. I'm just making sure you received the info you requested.
Noreen

2:12 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Dave
Opinari.net
http://opinari.blogspot.com
geauxvols at hotmail dot com
East Tennessee, currently living in East Texas.

12:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home