Friday, June 16, 2006

Blogging

I've been meaning to say this all week but am just getting around to it:

Michael Silence blogged on Tuesday about some of the best blog writing around, and his point is a good one: there is too much information out there not to write clearly and precisely - which easier said than done, but that's another point altogether.

But here's my beef: one of the five has a wretched feed system (feeds, if you don't know, are a way to read many blogs quickly instead of having to visit every single site). Luckily, most feeds aren't snippets, but there are still too many blogs that only give a few lines in their feeds. To me, that's arrogance. I suppose the blogger gets more statistics (or perhaps more page views) from making readers actually visit their sites.

Of all of the blogs I read, only three or four have teasers, and I actually don't even read them that often, because it's too much hassle.

For those that think this is a good idea, it's not. Please let us read the web the way we want to. Quit trying to mandate that I come to your site if I want to read your thoughts, or (gasp!) I might stop trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home